First of all, Prof. Katz- sorry this was late. I have been so busy with exams and all it completely slipped my mind. Thank you for letting me finish this tonight.
I do not think that my blog has changed over the course of the year. Throughout the year, I generally kept up with all of the blogs, but, recently, I have not kept my blog up to date.
Looking over the blog made me realize exactly what I have learned over the course of the year. The three theories- Superiority Theory, Incongruity Theory, and the comedic theory rules. To me, the superiority theory relates to me the most. I think that feeling as if you are better than the comedian makes me laugh more. But, another reason why I enjoy comedy is the feeling of how the comedy is related to my personal life. When I know that there is someone making fun of something that I seem to relate to, I seem to laugh at it even more.
I have learned from my writing that when I put more effort into writing the post/paper, the outcome is so much better. If I try to put it together in a few minutes, the outcome is crappy.
I will remember the Superiority theory probably forever. That idea is so true but I had just never realized it. My sense of humor definitely has not changed throughout the course of the semester. I still watch the same shows, movies and comedians (although still rare). I do believe that some of my humor has deepened due to the fact I learned about the humor theories. Now I will be able to understand a few more ideas of the humor atttmpts.
To me, I am not quite sure if maintaining a blog is necessary. I do not think that many people looked at other kids blogs. I commented on a few of the other student's blogs but I never received a comment on my page. I understand where Nicole was coming from where she didn't like having her essays posted online. At first, I didn't care about what went on the web, but now, after I thought about it, I would have to agree with her. I don't feel comfortable with students in our class reading my essays, let alone the entire world. The one thing I did like about the blog was having the ability to look at other student's ideas about the paper topics and getting ideas about what I could write about.
I really enjoyed being a part of this class this semester. It was really one of the classes I actually enjoyed going to. Not knowing what might go on in the class; I don't want to miss those youtube videos. Thanks for a fun year, Prof. Katz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment